This blog written for a fictional character in a game called Scion by White Wolf Publishing...this is a work of fiction!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I come to a boiling point...

So Liam finally decided to talk to me about my scars.  Seeing as everyone else already knew I didn't see the harm in telling him about it.  He gave me one of those useless sorries I hate so much and told me some therapy techniques he'd been learning.  I smiled and thanked him, mostly cause I didn't feel like talking in depth about it with him.

Dave and I got into yet another fight.  I really am getting sick of his shit.  I was laying on the couch reading up on Norse mythology and he comes out and we joke a little on what normal is before I ask him what's up.  He wanted to know where we stood after that mess with Barry.  I told him we were fine and that the reason he pissed me off was because he was being overprotective again of me.  I mean yeah Barry had his gun leveled at me but I knew what I was doing goading him and besides my father (and everyone else's) was right there as was Dr. Lord.  I knew I was fine.  He asked what else he could have done and I told him frankly he could have sat there and not gotten involved...the he got all pissy and lifted me by my foot saying how would I handle this?  I hate seeing him act like such girl...what the fuck is his problem?

So lab this Thursday was uneventful thank the gods, though something was going down in the amazon.  He also tells us the tongue left behind was the creature's trophy and it can locate unknown scions.  Dr. Lord thinks we can handle that and I get a vision of people with Dave's relic.  So I had Liam and Fletch go find Alex and I went after Dave since they left before all this was discussed.

I found Dave in his room and we had another fight, worse than the others.  There was shoving and pushing and pinning, but not in the fun way of before.  he was being prideful and stubborn and I wanted to just hit him but I knew it would do no good since I don't have a lot of strength.  Why he can't just listen when I tell him things I don't know but I am certain had I been anyone else in there he would have killed me for how much I pushed him.  We went to the common room and in seconds Liam came upstairs and told us Alex was gonna meet us outside.

I follow Liam but Dave, the stubborn fool, leaps out the window and summons his bike on the way down.  Liam comments on the lack of discreteness in the act, Dave jumps down Liam's throat and I decide to ignore Dave.  We figured out where we needed to go and after slightly more arguing with Dave we drive up north.  We found the place and were discussing a plan of action when Dave started acting like a pompous ass treating us all like pieces of shit.  Then he called me a bitch again and I had had it.  I started walking off.  He wanted to do this himself?  Fine.  Fuck him too.  Apparently Dave went ahead and rushed in but I didn't care until the earth started shaking and Liam shouted.

I raced into the building to help Dave only for half of it to explode revealing Owen.  Two scions (Aztec chick and Loa guy) were huddled around Dave's brewery and Owen shouted some Gaia nonsense.  I admit I didn't pay much attention to this fight cause...well...I was angry.  I was angry at Dave for being a jerk, I was angry at Fate for putting me here, and then I felt anger that this girl, an Aztec like me, was helping this fool.  I was furious and felt my anger flame white hot as I saw her.  I threw my machete at her and had Tepini go for her leg hoping to knock her down but Tepini missed and my machete didn't ever knick her...but I did get her distracted.  She started yelling at me and I don't know why I said it but I told her I would give her heart to my father.  She took a swing at me but it just bounced off my armor.  Suddenly she called out to the other scion and I can only assume one of the boys took her friend out.

I heard the brewery explode, I heard Owen claim their deal was off, but all I could focus on was this traitorous bitch.  Tepini and I lunged at her and I told her my father would greatly enjoy drinking of her heart...and I meant it.  I knew in that moment I would stop at nothing to give her to my father...I don't know what came over me.  Maybe it was meeting Fletch and seeing how comfortable he was with killing, maybe it was knowing my father would be delighted with it if I took her heart for him, and maybe it was just all my rage but her heart was mine.  Suddenly Alex had her in a hold and Liam smashed her with a maul.  She claimed there was a dictator in Trinidad who was working to summon a titan and only Owen could get through his defenses.

Fletch got us to agree to not kill her right now but I told him her heart WAS going to Tez...I would settle for nothing less.  Then she insulted me again and before I could react Tepini launched himself at her neck in a roar of rage.  Liam apparently healed the other cause as Tepini lunged at her I heard him shout her name.  I was having a very hard time keeping Tepini from ripping her throat out and told them to hurry up and question her.  Truthfully I was having a hard time controlling myself too.  Alex asked her for details and she spat at him telling him to fuck off.  I waited for the others to say more but Alex just said wrong answer and Liam turned away.  So I pulled out my obsideon knife and started to pray to my father.  I asked him to accept my offer of this traitorous, blasphemous bitches heart and make sure she suffered in Mictlan for what she did.  Then I plunged my knife into her heart...

And suddenly I felt all my anger wash away as her blood spewed from the wound I had made.  As her blood fell and pooled and I stared at it I felt tears start falling.  What had I done?  I had just killed this girl, MURDERED her.  I knelt down over her watching what I had done, not paying attention to the others, as tears fell.  I couldn't stop them.  Liam tossed my keys at me and left.  I told Fletch to take my car and got up and started walking.  I didn't want to be around them right now....I couldn't stop crying and felt an enormous amount of grief fall upon me.  It was as if all the walls I had built suddenly failed at once and I felt the grief of lack of parental love, the grief of losing my brother to my father, of the loss of my child, a child I never knew, everything.  It all came crashing on me at once.  I texted Catherine some nonsense, reaching out to her and kept walking.  Within moments she and Dr. Lord came riding on Ix Chel.

Catherine wrapped me in her arms and I stood there sobbing for a moment.  Tepini told them what had happened since I couldn't stop crying long enough to get it out.  Dr. Lord placed a hand on my shoulder and told me it was ok to cry, to feel this way.  I managed to get out how she was held and of no risk to anyone, but he said someone who taunts their captors is ASKING to die.  I tried to ask why I couldn't stop crying and Catherine told me it was ok that I was finally healing.  Dr. Lord was ready to go find Alejandro and put his head on a pike.  I was hurting so bad I wanted to just die and be done with it.  I told them I didn't want to face the others right now and was going to stay in the woods that night, at which Catherine looked horrified and Dr. Lord told me I could stay at the cabin for the night.  I didn't want to be more of a burden then I already was on them but Dr. Lord and Catherine assured me it was fine and he whisked us all back to his cabin.

I talked some more with Catherine about what I was feeling while Dr. Lord cooked dinner, then I asked her about relationships.  Things were so messed up with Dave right now and I felt this weird emptiness inside without him here.  She's going to make a good mother someday.

We had dinner and I passed out almost immediately after.  Feeling so much after years of feeling nothing will take a lot out of a person, and I love them for taking care of me like they did.  They didn't have too but they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment